According to ballot result, my number is among the top numbers in the list, why is my HOS 2020 priority so low?Hong Kong Housing Authority & Housing Department
The Housing Authority (HA) unit has set quotas for different categories of applicants. For each flat unit quota category, HA -
- First arrange the order of each category according to the following table -
Green Form Applicants
White Form Applicants
1. Families applicants living in PRH estates affected by the HA’s clearance programmes
1. Nuclear family applicants applying under the “Priority Scheme for Families with Elderly Members”
2. Family applicants applying under the “Priority Scheme for Families with Elderly Members”
2. Other nuclear family applicants
3. Other family applicants
3. Non-nuclear family applicants
4. One-person applicants living in PRH estates affected by the HA’s clearance programmes
4. One-person applicants
5. One-person applicants
- Then assign order to individual applicant within each category according to the ballot result.
- Based on the order of the ballot result, the computer will generate the order of all respective application numbers within each category; for application numbers with same last two digits, the order will be assigned randomly by the computer.
- There are a total of 100 ballot numbers (00-99), which represent the last two digits of the application number. Example: If HA receives more than 300 000 applications, each ballot number represents more than 3 000 application numbers.