Skip to main content

Yes!  For the trees requiring special attention (e.g. Old and Valuable Trees), the Tree Management Office (TMO) under Greening, Landscape and Tree Management Section has uploaded relevant information, such as location, species, tree conditions, etc., to its tree website for the public's reference.


In addition, you can check a tree's health by examining its condition to see if there are any abnormalities, for example:

  • Leaning
  • Dieback twigs
  • Hanger
  • Branch / V-shaped crotch with cracks or split
  • Codominant stems (i.e. there is a weak union with crack and/or decay on the trunk)
  • Wood decay or cavity in trunks
  • Severely cut or damaged roots
  • Fungal fruiting bodies
  • Pest problem

(For further details, please refer to the Pictorial Guide for Tree Maintenance to Reduce Tree Risks.) 


You should stay vigilant and call 1823 or complete the online form as soon as possible to facilitate the responsible departments to take actions.  When reporting problematic trees, remember to -

  1. provide information about the tree's location, e.g. street name, street number, the nearby lamp post number or slope registration number, etc.
  2. clearly explain the tree's condition, e.g. Are there any tree cavities?  Is the tree slanting seriously?  Is the tree decayed?
  3. specify the facilities around the tree, if any, e.g. tree pit, irrigation faucet, tree fences, etc.
    Tree Pit Irrigation Faucet
    Tree Fences Tree Fences
  4. leave your contact information for follow-ups.


If the tree with the above problems is within your property, you should arrange for a professional to conduct full investigations on the tree involved, lest lives or properties be threatened by collapses caused by a lack of proper care.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments:
Last update: 1 Aug 2022
Want to learn more?