I have bank accounts but do not have internet banking accounts in the participating banks. Can I register for $10,000 through the bank’s website?
If you fulfil the age requirement and requirement of Hong Kong Permanent residence under the “Cash Payout Scheme”, have a local sole name Hong Kong dollar savings/current account in the participating banks but do not have any internet banking account, you can still register through the participating bank's website as follows:
From 21 Jun 2020 to 31 Dec 2021
- If the bank provides websites for electronic registrations, even you do not have any internet banking account, you can still register through the website of the bank. Please visit the participating banks’ websites for registration.
- Provide the following information:
- The bank account number for receiving the payment;
- First 4 letters/ digits of the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card number; and
- Local contact number (Suggest providing a local mobile number for receiving the SMS notification), or choose to use the contact information maintained by the bank.
- Please record the registration reference number after submitting the registration.
- The bank will verify the registration and issue an acknowledgement of registration to the registrant within 2 working days.
Register on or before 30 Jun 2020:
- Upon verification, the payment will be deposited into the bank account specified by the registrant starting from 6 Jul 2020.
Register after 1 Jul 2020:
- Upon verification, the payment will be deposited into the bank account specified by the registrant about 1 week after successful registration.
Apart from registering through the banks’ websites, you may also consider:
- Submitting the paper registration form (Form 1) by post/in person to banks; or
- Registering through Hongkong Post (The registrant needs to collect the cheque from the designated post office in person):