By what time do I need to post a Local Ordinary Mail so that it will be stamped a postmark on the day it is posted? When is the cut off time of mailing? When will a mail item reach the recipient?Hongkong Post
A mail item will be stamped a postmark as the day sent if it is mailed before the cut off time. It will then be delivered to the recipient according to the Post Office's delivery standard.
Local Ordinary Mail
The cut-off time varies with different posting boxes and post offices in different regions. Please refer to the web page of the Regional Postal Facilities (Post Offices and Street Posting Boxes).
Please note that senders should send bulk mail (2000 items or above) at Post Offices with bulk acceptance counters only, and the cut-off time for accepting bulk mail is earlier than the closing time of the Post Offices. Senders are suggested to send bulk mails in the morning. For details, please refer to Section 3.4 of Post Office Guide (PDF).
Delivery standard of local mail
- Local letter (Small letter) : Deliver to the addressee by the following working day
- Local letter (Large Letter/Packet) : Deliver to the addressee within 2 working days
- Local parcel : Deliver to the addressee within3 working days
- Local bulk first class letters : Deliver to the addressee by the following working day
- Local bulk economy letters : Deliver to the addressee within 3 working days