- By accessing 1823 Online (www.1823.gov.hk) (“1823 Online”) or any of its webpages, you unconditionally agree to the terms of this Disclaimer and as they may be modified and/or supplemented from time to time by the Government without prior notice to you. Please check this webpage regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
Liability in the use of this website
- Unless provided otherwise in this Disclaimer, the information on 1823 Online is provided to you on an "AS IS" basis without any express or implied warranty of any kind and is provided for a general, indicative purpose only.
- The digital maps, mapping information, lot information, facility information, geographic information provided on this web site are for general reference only and are not intended to be relied upon.
- Whilst the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“Government”) endeavours to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, no express or implied warranty or guarantee is given by the Government as to its accuracy. In particular, the Government does not make any express or implied warranty as to the accuracy, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, reliability, security, timeliness or freedom from computer virus in relation to such contents. The Government will not be liable for any errors in, omissions from, or misstatements or misrepresentations (whether express or implied) concerning any such information, and will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the information delivered on 1823 Online or inability to use 1823 Online.
- The Government will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the electronic service delivered through 1823 Online.
- 1823 Online may contain materials contributed by third parties. To facilitate access and reference to information provided by or via third parties, 1823 Online may provide or assist in providing links to external websites through its webpages. The Government states that it has not approved or endorsed the materials contributed by third parties on 1823 Online or any external websites linked to 1823 Online. The provision of any such materials or links to external websites shall not constitute any form of co-operation or affiliation with the Government of any such third parties or external websites. Provision of, or assistance in providing, materials contributed by third parties on 1823 Online or links to external websites gives rise to no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that the Government agrees or does not disagree with the contents of any such materials or external websites and the Government will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the contents of any such materials or external websites delivered on or via 1823 Online or inability to use any of them.
- The Government does not accept any responsibility and liability for any loss or damage whatsoever arising in contract, tort or any cause whatsoever in connection with this website.
- The Government is not responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any information on 1823 Online. The Government reserves the right to omit, suspend or edit all information compiled by the Government on 1823 Online at any time in its sole discretion without giving any reason or prior notice. You are responsible for making your own assessment of all information contained on 1823 Online and shall verify such information by making reference, for example, to original publications and obtaining independent advice before acting upon it.
- You are responsible for the digital media and written content (together, the “Content”) that you post on or transmit through 1823 Online. The posting or transmission of the following Content is prohibited –
- Content involving nudity, including nudity or partial nudity of children of any age;
- Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Content that harms minors in any way;
- Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Content promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities; and
- Content that transmits or contains viruses, corrupted files, or any similar element.
- 1823 Online is not responsible for the loss, deletion, failure to store, mis-delivery or untimely delivery of any Content that you submitted to or transmitted through it.
- 1823 Online examines the Content that are posted on or uploaded to it on a regular basis. 1823 Online maintains the absolute right (though not the obligation) to do any of the following any time, with or without prior notice, if you fail to abide by the terms as mentioned in this Disclaimer –
- Restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of our services;
- Change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of our services; and
- Refuse, move, or remove any uploaded or submitted Content.
- This Disclaimer has been translated by a translation software from Traditional Chinese version into Simplified Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between these two versions, the Traditional Chinese version shall prevail.
Accessible by popular browsers and operating systems
- The HTML 5 standard has been applied to the webpages on the 1823 Online Homepage, and users can access them with any browser that complies with the standard. But exactly how a webpage is displayed differs between browsers, computers and operating systems. For the best viewing, we suggest that you use the latest version of Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Google Chrome.
- This website adopts web accessibility design and conforms to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA standard.
Last update: 2 Dec 2022