- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Government") takes measures to ensure that all personal data submitted through "Tell me@1823" is handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
- The Government will record visits to "Tell me@1823" without collecting any personal identifiable information from users. Such general statistics are collected to compile statistical reports and diagnose problems with, or concerning, computer systems to help improve "Tell me@1823".
- For different purposes and at different times you may provide personal data to the Government through this application on a voluntary basis. Personal data may include your name, telephone number or e-mail address (For effective handling of your case, all our conversations may be recorded, irrespective of whether you dial in or we call you back.). The Government will advise you how you may request access to or correction of the personal data provided.
- The personal data you provided to the Government through this application will be disclosed only to the Government departments and Contractors responsible for handling your case. In case you would like special handling of your personal data, such as not disclosing those data to the Government departments and Contractors concerned, please specify when you make the submission through this application so that corresponding arrangements could be made for you.
- "Tell me@1823" uses SSL protocol to encrypt data during network transmission to protect your personal data. All personal data you provide to the Government via "Tell me@1823" is secured, and access to it is restricted to authorised personnel only.
Last update: 19 Feb 2020