1823 Mobile App "Tell me@1823" - Privacy Statement
- The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Government") takes measures to ensure that all personal data submitted through this mobile app is handled in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. When we collect personal data from individuals, we will provide a Personal Information Collection Statement before the collection.
- For certain functionalities in this mobile app, we request permission to collect, use and/or access certain features on your mobile device to assist you to provide information for case submissions, including:
- the camera or photo album on your mobile device to take and upload photos and/or videos;
- the files on your mobile device to upload documents;
- the microphone of your mobile device for voice recording; and
- location services when using the map function.
The Government shall not collect or save any personal information that you do not volunteer or allow.
- With your consent, this mobile app may use the push notification on your mobile devices to notify you of any new replies to your cases or updated service arrangements. You can enable or disable these notification at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. You will still receive case replies in this mobile app if you choose to disable the push notification.
- The Chatbot function will not proactively collect and/or request you to provide any personal identifiable information. To ensure the protection of your personal information and privacy, you should not provide any personal identifiable information when using the Chatbot function.
- You are advised to always turn on the security lock to protect your case and personal data stored in this mobile app. The security lock is the same as your device lock. You can choose to enable or disable the security lock at any time. By enabling this function you will not expose your unlock method to this mobile app. Your unlock method is stored in your mobile device and is not shared with the Government.
- The personal data you provided to the Government through this mobile app will be disclosed only to the Government departments, related organisations and contractors responsible for handling your case. In case you would like your personal data to be handled differently, such as not disclosing those data to the Government departments, related organisations and contractors concerned, please specify when you make the submission through this mobile app so that corresponding arrangements could be made for you. Unless permitted or required by law, 1823 will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without your prior consent.
- This mobile app uses TLS protocol to encrypt data during network transmission, including when submitting cases and receiving replies, to protect your personal data. All personal data you provide to the Government via this mobile app is secured, and access to it is restricted to authorised personnel only.
- The Government will record use of or visits to this mobile app without collecting any personal identifiable information of users for compiling statistical reports and diagnose problems with or concerning mobile devices and computer systems to help improve services of this mobile app.
- For effective handling of your cases, staff of 1823 may contact you by phone call. All the telephone conversations between you and staff of 1823 may be recorded, irrespective of whether you dial in or we call you back.
Last update: 21 Jul 2022