How could a registered electrical worker inform the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department of his/her new address?Electrical and Mechanical Services Department
If there is any change of address for a registered electrical worker, the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) should be informed as early as possible through one of the following means -
- Use the EMSD online service (password and personal e-cert are required); or
- Complete the form “ Notification of Changing Address by Registered Electrical Worker” (ER42A, PDF), and return to EMSD using one of the following methods –
- In person to the EMSD Registration and Permit Office, or drop the application into the drop-in box located in EMSD HQs
- By post to the EMSD Registration and Permit Office
- Use the Change of Address Service on GovHK
Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Customer Services Office
Address: G/F, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Headquarters, 3 Kai Shing Street, Kowloon Bay
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 5:15pm (open during lunch hours); closed on Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
- Saturday: 8:30am to 12:30pm (drop-in box located at G/F lobby only)
In case of inclement weather or service adjustments due to special circumstances, the opening hours may be changed. Please refer to the departmental website and the latest press releases.
Last update: 3 May 2022
Want to learn more?