Skip to main content

A property purchaser should ensure that the solicitor acting on his behalf in the purchase of a property confirms that the Government rent of the property has been paid up to date or apportioned between the vendor and himself on completion.

Enquiries on the outstanding amounts of Government rent of properties in the urban area collected by the Lands Department may be made in person or by post to the Government Rent and Premium Unit of the Lands Department, or by submitting the e-Form. An enquiry fee is payable if a written reply is required.

Government Rent and Premium Unit


1/F North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, HK

(near Quarry Bay MTR Station Exit C)

Opening hours:

Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays)

9am-12:30pm; 1:30pm-5:30pm


In case of inclement weather or service adjustments due to special circumstances, the opening hours may be changed. Please refer to the departmental website and the latest press releases.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 5 Oct 2023
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. You can ask me a question!