Skip to main content

A dog owner should notify Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) within 5 days of any changes in address or contact phone number.


Holding the original copy of a valid dog licence

  1. Dog licence with column 1 at the back completed and signed by dog owner.

Loss of original dog licence

  1. A dog owner should write to AFCD to apply for replacement of dog licence and update any registered information. The dog owner should provide dog licence no., microchip no., ID card no., contact no. and address. The dog owner must sign the letter.

  2. The dog owner may also go to any one of the AMCs with his/her own ID card to update the information registered in the dog licence.
Means of Submission
  1. By mail to AFCD Animal Management (Operations) Division
    Address: 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
  2. In person to Animal Management Centre
    A dog owner should bring his/her own ID card. The representative of a dog owner should provide dog owner's signed authorization letter and dog owner's ID card copy.

Free of Charge

Processing Time
  1. By mail: The updated dog licence will be issued within 14 days.

  2. In person to AMC: AFCD will issue the dog licence on the same day.
Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 17 Sep 2019
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. Do you have any questions for me?