Skip to main content

If I find people smoking in no smoking areas, how can I report the case to the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office?

Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office, Department of Health

As smoking is an action that lasts for a very short while it is impracticable for inspectors to provide assistance on spot immediately upon receipt of complaint.  You may make a complaint to the venue manager of the premises and request them to take necessary tobacco control actions. 

If the smoking offence persists, you may consider making a complaint to the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office (Tel: 2961 8823 / Fax: 2575 8944 / Email: / ).   The Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office will follow up the case and arrange respective inspection and enforcement.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 6 Feb 2024
Want to learn more?

Looking for information? 1823 Chatbot can help you find related FAQs!