Skip to main content

If my neighbour always smokes at home and the tobacco smoke spreads to my house, will the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office accept the complaint?

Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office, Department of Health

The current legislation prohibits smoking behavior in the statutory no smoking areas and domestic premises are not designated no smoking areas.  Enforcement action could only be taken for smoking offence in no smoking areas.

If people smoke in the indoor public areas such as common corridors, lift lobbies and back stairs, you may complain to the venue manager (e.g. management company), and request them to stop the smokers smoking, or request them to strengthen inspection at the black spots of smoking offence and put up more no smoking signs. If the smoking offence persists, you may complain to the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office (Tel: 2961 8823 / Fax: 2575 8944 / Email: / ).  


Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 9 Apr 2024
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. Do you have any questions for me?