Skip to main content

Under what circumstances can a company apply for deregistration and what documents should be submitted?

Companies Registry

A defunct company can apply for deregistration if it meets all the following requirements –

  • It is a local private company;
  • All members of the company agree to the deregistration;
  • The company has never commenced business or operation, or has ceased to carry on business or ceased operation for more than 3 months immediately before the application;
  • The company has no outstanding liabilities; and
  • The company has obtained a written “Notice of No Objection to a Company being Deregistered” from the Commissioner of Inland Revenue.
  • The company is not a party to any legal proceedings;
  • It has no immovable property situate in Hong Kong; and
  • If the company is a holding company, none of its subsidiary's assets consist of any immovable property situate in Hong Kong.

A Form NDR1 ( MS Word / PDF) with HK$420 and a Notice of No Objection from the Commissioner of Inland Revenue (original) should be submitted to the Companies Registry.  For details on the application procedures and other related information, please refer to the information pamphlet “ Deregistration of a Defunct Solvent Private Company” of the Companies Registry.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 9 Jan 2024
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. Do you have any questions for me?