Skip to main content

Can I contact the Leisure and Cultural Services Department for matters relating to parks & sitting-out areas?

Leisure and Cultural Services Department

Most of the parks and sitting-out areas Note in the territory are under the jurisdiction of Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD), including major parks ( list of the parks), sitting-out areas, gardens and playgrounds ( list of the public pleasure grounds).

LCSD is responsible for managing the above venues and the scope of work includes – 

  • Services provided in the venues;
  • Programmes and activities held in the venues;
  • Establishment and maintenance of venue facilities; and
  • Environmental issues, such as hygiene, obstruction, hawkers, clothes drying, etc.

For enquiries and complaints, please dial the 24-hour Customer Hotline 2414 5555 of Leisure and Cultural Services Department (handled by the 1823 Call Centre).

Note: Parks and sitting-our areas in the following locations are not under the jurisdiction of the LCSD :

  • Public housing estates: managed by the Housing Department, telephone : 2712 2712;
  • Country and marine parks: managed by the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department, telephone:2708 8885 (your call will be transferred to 1823 Call Centre if you would like to contact operators); and
  • Private properties: managed by respective management offices.
Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 1 Sep 2022
Want to learn more?

1823 Chatbot can help you find frequently asked questions!