How does successful applicants of the Kindergarten and Child Care Centre Fee Remission Scheme receive tuition fee remission?Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency
Payment Arrangements of the Assistance
- The SFO will compute the fee remission for the applicants in accordance with the level of assistance assessed (50%, 75% and 100%) using the AFI formula. If the actual tuition fee is higher than the fee remission ceilings, parents will have to pay for the remaining tuition fee.
- The amount of fee remission under KCFRS will be calculated according to annual school fee after deducting the government subsidies under the KG education scheme.
- The effective month of fee remission will be the month in which the application forms are submitted by the applicants, or the month in which the student-applicants are admitted to the kindergarten/child care centres, whichever is the later.
The fee remission ceilings (and the maximum meal allowance) for 2020/21
- Details will be announced later.
The fee remission ceilings (and the maximum meal allowance) for 2019/20
- Please click here for the maximum meal allowance for whole-day kindergarten classes, and the fee remission ceilings for various levels of KCFRS for 2019/20 school year for reference.
Last update: 19 Jun 2020