Application for Assigning a Registration Mark to a Vehicle already Registered in Hong Kong - TD 148
Please submit the following documents with the application -
- Document of identity (Original is required for submission in person, while copy is required for submission by agent or by post)
- HK Identity Card or Passport; or
- Certificate of Incorporation if the owner is a limited company. Business Registration Certificate will not be accepted.
- The original Vehicle Registration Document;
- The original or copy of address proof;
- The original Vehicle Licence (if the licence is still valid);
- The original document to prove the ownership of the registration mark -
- the certificate of retention of registration mark if a retained mark is to be used;
- the receipt for payment of the auction price of the registration mark and memorandum of sale if an auctioned mark is to be used by a successful bidder; or
- the notification letter of allocation if an auctioned mark acquired at special fee (opening price) is to be used;
- The original certificate of allocation of personalised registration mark (only if the owner would like to surrender the personalised registration mark that is currently assigned to the vehicle); and
- For Private/Public Bus, Private/Public Light Bus, Taxi or Private Car with hire car permit, approval by the Public Vehicles Section of the Transport Department at the Hong Kong Licensing Office must be obtained in advance. Please call 2804 2600 for details (this hotline is handled by the 1823 Call Centre).
|Means of Submission|
- Application to assign a retained mark to a vehicle is free of charge;
- The application fee for assigning an auctioned mark to a vehicle is $100.
- EPS; or
- Cross cheque payable to “The Government of the HKSAR”
Please pay by cheque if an application is submitted by post.
- For applications submitted in person, the vehicle licence will be issued on the same day;
- For applications by post, the vehicle licence will be sent to the applicant by registered mail in 10 working days from the date of receipt of the application.