Apart from library materials acquisition, the Hong Kong Public Libraries (HKPL) welcomes book materials donations from individuals and organizations to enrich the collection.
To make the best use of resources and to achieve the goal of enriching library collections through book materials donations, the HKPL focuses on collecting materials related to the study of Hong Kong and materials for enhancing the reference collections. Under normal circumstances, the HKPL will not accept donations of the following materials :
- fiction and junior books;
- titles already in stock of HKPL;
- school textbooks and student workbooks;
- materials that are in poor physical condition (with the exception of rare books);
- outdated books on the subject of science, technology, business, finance, law ,travel guides and computer science.
Donation procedure is as follows -