Skip to main content

Can I ask for permission to postpone the deadline of my unauthorized building works rectification work?

Buildings Department

You may apply in writing to the Buildings Department (BD) stating your grounds for extension of time and a reasonable timetable of the unauthorized building works rectification work.  Please send your written application to BD by post or by fax (Address: G/F, Buildings Department Headquarters, North Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon; Fax: 2537 4992).

However, BD normally will not accede to such request (e.g. reason that the premises is subject to a tenancy agreement) except in very special cases and you are therefore advised to comply with the order without delay. Failure to comply with the order without reasonable excuse may result in prosecution and/or enforcement action by government to carry out the works on your behalf or both, and subsequently recover the cost of the works plus supervision charge from you.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 1 Dec 2022
Want to learn more?

1823 Chatbot can help you find frequently asked questions!