Can the Post Office redirect mails sent to old address to a new address? How to apply for redirection service?Hongkong Post
When moving home or office, you may apply for mail redirection service from the Post Office to redirect mails sent to the old address to the new address. Private and business redirection service are available:
- Private redirection (for redirecting mails addressed to individuals, including charities)
- If different family members at the same private address need to have mails redirected to the same new address, only one application is required.
- Business redirection (for redirecting mails to an address at which business is carried on for a profit)
- If there are more than one companies at the same address, each company has to apply separately
- The redirection service also covers the mails without the company name but addressed to the company owner (director, proprietor, partner or authorised responsible person of the company) if the above information has been clearly stated in the same application form. No separate application is required.
- If an employee of a company want to have the mails addressed him to be redirected, he needs to apply for private redirection service individually and is required to produce a letter issued by the company certifying that the employee is working at the address and that the company has no objection to the redirection application.
When completing the application form, please note that -
|Means of Submission|
Applicants may submit the application by -
5 working days is required to process the application.
|Maximum Service Period of Mail Redirection Service|