Skip to main content

How to make an appeal against the decision of the Buildings Department regarding the order/warning notice?

Buildings Department

If property owner is unsatisfied with the Order/Warning Notice issued by BD, he can make an appeal to the Appeal Tribunal.  The details are as follows:

  1. Property owner should serve the Notice of Appeal in writing directly on the Secretary to the Appeal Tribunal to be received by him not later than 21 days from the date the Order/Warning Notice is sent to him by registered mail.  The Notice of Appeal can be served by the following means:
    • By post or submit in person to: Rooms 1005-06, 10/F, Wing On Kowloon Centre, 345 Nathan Road, Kowloon; or
    • By fax to: 3579 4971.
  2. Property owner should also serve a copy of the Notice of Appeal on the Building Authority (attention: Litigation Units / Legal Services Section, Buildings Department) by the  following means:
    • By post or submit in person to: G/F, Buildings Department Headquarters, North Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon; or
    • By fax to: 2877 6416.
  3. Please take note that under section 51 of the Buildings Ordinance, the Appeal Tribunal, on making an order under section 49(2) or section 50(2) of the said Ordinance, may make such order as to the costs as it thinks fit.
  4. For any queries about building appeal, property owner should contact the Secretary to the Appeal Tribunal (Tel: 3579 2270).
Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 11 Sep 2019
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. Do you have any questions for me?