Skip to main content

I frequently find people smoking in bus terminuses and public transport interchanges, have they violated the law? Can I lodge a complaint?

Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office, Department of Health

All bus terminuses / public transport interchanges which are defined as ‘indoor’ by the law and Public Transport Facilities that are designated as no smoking areas belong to ‘statutory no smoking areas’, and all people in the areas shall comply with the smoking ban.  If you find any smoking offence, you may report to the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office (Tel: 2961 8823 / Fax: 2575 8944 / Email: / ).  Please note that smoking is an action that lasts for a short while and staff of the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office cannot arrive at the concerned location immediately.  However, the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office would follow up and take necessary law enforcement actions after receiving the complaint.

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 9 Apr 2024
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. You can ask me a question!