Skip to main content

If there is any change in residential / correspondence address, how should a driving licence holder or a registered vehicle owner inform the Transport Department?

Transport Department

If a change occurs in the address of a driving licence holder/registered vehicle owner, the driving licence holder/registered vehicle owner shall, within 72 hours of the change, notify the Transport Department. Any person who without reasonable excuse contravenes such requirement commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $2,000.

Notice of Change of Personal Particulars or Vehicle Particulars TD 559 (PDF)
Supporting Documents

Please provide the following documents. Original is required for submission in person while copy is required for submission by agent or by post –

  1. Identity document, i.e. Hong Kong Identity Card, passport, valid travel document, or Certificate of Incorporation for companies/organisations; and
  2. Proof of the new address

If submission is done through the GovHK Change of Address online service, the applicant has to submit images of the identity document and address proof in JPEG/PDF format. Please click here for the details on file format requirements.

Means of Submission
  1. In person to any Licensing Office. If handled by an agent, the agent should bring his/her identity document in original for record purposes;
  2. By mail to Transport Department Kwun Tong Licensing Office, P.O. Box 68115, Kowloon East Post Office, Kowloon (You are encouraged to send by registered mail to avoid loss of documents);
  3. By drop-in box at any Licensing Office or designated post offices in 18 districts (PDF); or
  4. Use the GovHK Change of Address online service. More details about the system requirements and user guide are available on the webpage.
Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 10 Aug 2023
Want to learn more?

Looking for information? 1823 Chatbot can help you find related FAQs!