Skip to main content

In accordance with the Smoking (Public Health) Ordinance (Cap. 371), indoor areas of all restaurant premises, shops, shopping malls and bars are designated as no smoking areas. Please click here for details.

If there is any smoking offence in the venue under your management, you can:

  1. Request the smoker to extinguish the lighted cigarette, cigar, or pipe. If your repeated requests are still in vain, you may give a verbal warning indicating that the smoking offence is subject to a penalty and request the smoker to leave the no smoking area.
  2. If the smoker is still not cooperative, you may also request the smoker to provide his name, address, and documentary proof of identity, and send the information to the Tobacco and Alcohol Control Office for follow-up (Tel: 2961 8823 / Fax: 2575 8944 / Email: / ).
  3. If the smoker is still not cooperative, you may notify the police and request them to attend the scene and handle the situation.
Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 6 Feb 2024
Want to learn more?

1823 Chatbot can help you find frequently asked questions!