Skip to main content

Do property owners need to inform the Buildings Department when the rectification of unauthorized building works is completed?

Buildings Department

Property owner should inform the Buildings Department (BD) as soon as possible when the rectification of unauthorized building works (UBW) is completed. BD will conduct inspections to check whether the concerned order/warning notice has been complied.

Property owner can inform BD by the following channels:

  1. Call BD Hotline 2626 1616 (this hotline is handled by 1823 Call Centre)
  2. Send a written notification to BD by post or by fax (Address: G/F, Buildings Department Headquarters, North Tower, West Kowloon Government Offices, 11 Hoi Ting Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon; Fax: 2537 4992) ; or
  3. Use the form "Notification for completion of works" attached to the covering letter of the "Warning Notice". Property owner can complete and return the form to BD according to the instructions stated on the form.

Property owner should provide his contact information, the number of order/warning notice and the address of the concerned building in the notification to BD. 

Do you find this information useful?
Is the information sufficient?
Is it easy to get the information you want?
Other comments (Please do not provide personal data):
Last update: 1 Dec 2022
Want to learn more?

I am 1823 Chatbot. Do you have any questions for me?